Swiss–ASEAN Learning and Teaching (SALT) Association was established in Olten, Switzerland on 27 May 2016 in accordance with Article 60 ff. ZGB of the Swiss Code. SALT is a non-governmental and not-for-profit association, which aims to promote the sharing of researching, learning, and teaching knowledge among academics, researchers, and practitioners in Europe and ASEAN through strategic collaborations.
The eight founding educational institutions are:
University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
Universiti Malaysia Kelantan, Malaysia
San Beda University, Philippines
University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Foreign Trade University, Vietnam
Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
Thaksin University, Thailand
SALT envisions itself as a leading development-oriented learning and teaching association for Europe and ASEAN communities.
SALT aims to facilitate capacity building of human, resources and environment which ensures individual and institutional members' sustained, committed, relevant and responsive services for development in learning and teaching.
SALT focuses on:
1. Sustainable society development for global well-being;
2. Institutional capacity building towards development-oriented learning and teaching;
3. Promoting sharing of knowledge and experience in research, teaching and learning; and
4. Strengthening the collaboration between Europe and ASEAN against cultural diversity.
Swiss-ASEAN LEARNING AND TEACHING (SALT)
Image: SALT Organizational Structure 2018
The Board of Management 2018 - 2020
The Board of Management officially represents the Association in conducting all its current business.
- Chairman: Prof. Dr. Rolf Schaeren, FHNW
- Executive Director: Dr. Teresa L. Freiburghaus, FHNW
- Executive Secretary: Dr. Tita Evasco-Branzuela, SBU
- Member: Prof. Dr. Nur Naha Binti Abu Mansor, UTM
- Member: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Le Thai Phong, FTU
- Member: Dr. Tran Mai Dong, UEH
- Treasurer: Mr. Michele Canonico, FHNW
The Auditors will work based on a mandate formulated by the Board and report to the general assembly. Two auditors check the bookkeeping and conduct spot controls at least once a year.
- Dr. Pham Thu Huong, FTU
- Dr. Mohamad Syazli Bin Fathi, UTM
Head of Units
Head of Units will be in charge of carrying out the related activities and supporting the Board of Management.
- Head of Connect-Us Conference: Prof. Dr. Beat Hulliger, FHNW School of Business
- Head of Collaboration Projects: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ha Thi Thieu Dao, BUH
- Head of Publication: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Syuhaida Binti Ismail, Razak School, UTM
- Head of Communication: Ms. Corinne Köpfli, FHNW School of Business
The Advisory Board
The Advisory Board is composed of accomplished experts offering innovative, non-binding strategic advice and dynamic perspectives to the Board. The members of the Advisory Board are the following:
- Emeritus Prof Dato’ Ir Dr Zainai Bin Mohamed, Chairman, ASEAN Learning Network
- Prof. Dr. Nguyen Dong Phong, President, University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- YBHG. Prof. Dato’ Dr. Husaini Omar, Vice Chancellor, Universiti Malaysia Kelantan, Malaysia
- Fr. Aloysius Ma. A. Maranan, OSB, Rector-President, San Beda University, Philippines
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Bambang Riyanto Trilaksono, Vice Rector, Research, Innovation, and Partnership, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Thu Thuy, Vice President, Foreign Trade University, Vietnam
- Prof. Dr. Nordin Bin Yahaya, Pro-Vice Chancellor (International), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Prof. Dr. Markus Freiburghaus, Member of the Management Board, University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland
- Prof. Dr. Nguyen Trong Hoai, Vice-President, University of Economics, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam